The following plan will fulfill the current and future needs of our parish and will include many benefits to our members and the ministry we provide.However, in examining our financial capability and considering our responsibility to be fiscally prudent with limited debt, it may be necessary to build in multiple phases.
The proposed new church will provide:
- A worship space with a traditional appearance for prayer, reflection and meditation, enhanced by distinctive elements such as a choir loft, a complement of stained glass windows (including a rose window) and finishes, freestanding statuary and sculpture that are reminiscent of church designs that have endured for centuries.
- Seating capacity will increase from our current 750 to 1,250.
- Creation of a dedicated Eucharistic Adoration Chapel available for prayer 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- A steeple to house the original St. Charles Church bell offering a visible statement of our presence to the larger community.
- Most importantly, through this part of the project we can gather for worship in one space together as a parish family.
The proposed addition to our school will provide:
- Additional classrooms/workrooms offering flexible use as classrooms, meeting places and storage, allowing an increase in total school enrollment from the current 300 to 350 students.
- Additional classrooms will accommodate the expanding number of students and adults participating in Child Formation including Catechesis of the Good Shepherd and Becoming Fully Catholic.
Every member of our Catholic faith community will benefit through this project which includes:
- Preservation of the current church structure for creation of a Parish Family Center. The current church will be available while the new church is under construction.
- A combined new space for church and school administration.
- The creation of conference rooms and other rooms for group and ministry meetings.
- A new Youth Center for the Life Teen Program and dedicated child care space for use during Masses, other parish meetings, events and extended child care.
- An on-site location for the St. Vincent de Paul Food Pantry
- Parking will be enhanced.
- Updated mechanical systems in the church and school with energy-efficient technology and renovated/handicap accessible restrooms.
- Construction that will be solid, lasting and simple - a traditional Roman Catholic church - in keeping with gospel values to graciously foster growth in our Catholic faith.